
and my friend Barbie helped me get the pool area decorated with a tropical feel. JoBea doesn't like her birthday being in the winter because she has always wanted a party when it's warm. It turned out to be a really nice day/evening. 

The kids had formed a line across the drive.
While waiting, they had more fun standing there wrestling, picking, punching and pushing each other....just like little children. I guess that part stays with most of us forever or at least a very long time : )



and ate some more...

and after letting their food settle about 5 min., moved on to the birthday cake. A double chocolate ice cream cake.

Top left pic. on cake is of Rachel, on the right, Brandi. Bottom pic. is of Christina and JoBea.
She was even kind enough to cut it and serve us up!

She couldn't wait to move on to the pinata....and never could the other kids. JoBea took her swing....

and nothing happened. Then Christina was up to bat.

She must have hit it in the weakest part because it broke right down the middle sending candy flying everywhere! As the younger ones picked up the candy,

the older ones began to play with the pieces of the pinata. Seth found that not only does the pinata work for holding candy, it also makes for a pretty cute hat!

JoBea thought she would try being a unicorn

and a different sort of one she is :)
I found JoBea (with paper in her mouth) laughing hysterically,
and all I found out was "It was something Mrs. Barbie said to me." And she continued to laugh.
Can you guess who got away with most of the candy?
The kids had a great time and so did Grady, Barbie and myself. We were the adults...if you can call us that....holding down the fort. Actually we didn't need to hold it down but we did want to EAT!
I'm so thankful that JoBea is letting God lead her life and she has some of the best friends a teenager could have. As I, and you know as well, it's a mighty great thing to have Christian friends in your life, and to me, it's even more special to see your children have Christian friends in their teenage years. I pray this carries on through her life.
I pray the same for your children.
God bless you and yours.
2 comments:
Joddie, that is just precious. And as you said it is such a huge blessing for teens especially to have Christian friends. What a difference that will make in her life!
I am so glad you finally put this on your blog. She's just growing up to fast and I'm happy that she's such a fine Christian young lady. Plus, she and Clark get along so well. Love you all.
Post a Comment