Today my other "daughter", Brandi is 17!
She was very excited when she came by this morning on her way to school. She and JoBea ate breakfast out this morning in celebration of this special day.
Since I'm mentioning one "daughter" I can't leave out the other one. Christina
turned 16 a month before Brandi. Yes, I know I'm a little behind on things, but that seems to be where I stay. Along with JoBea and Madge, my other "daughters" keep me smiling too. I hate seeing them growing up so fast...even tho they still have childlike qualities
about them... I'm also anxious to see what God has in store for each of them in the years to come. Just as with my own daughters, I also turn over each of their friends or should I say all my other "children" over to God. Even tho I know their parents have done so, I still do because they are a part of my girls lives as well as mine. As believers we are ALL God's children so therefore we should pray and be concerned about what happens to each others children.
Job 1:4&5--His sons used to take turns holding feast in their homes, and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would send and have them purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, "perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts." This was Job's regular custom.
STUDY NOTE: Job showed deep concern for the spiritual welfare of his children. Fearful that they might have sinned unknowingly, he offered sacrifices for them. Parents today can show the same concern by praying for their children. This means "sacrificing" some time each day to ask God to forgive them, to help them grow, to protect them, and to help them please him.
I don't know about the rest of you but I desire this for ALL children, for ALL of US, and none of us can get too much prayer especially in this area. Remember to keep "our" children
covered by Christ. He saw fit to give them SPECIAL DAYS, let us see fit to turn them over to Him to do with as He wills.
Have a COVERING WITH CHRIST day!
God bless you and yours....
0 comments:
Post a Comment