THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Saturday, March 17, 2007


I couldn't help myself.....the sporadic weeds were getting taller than the beautiful verbena so the lawnmower was warmed up and pulled out the shed for it's first cutting of the season. This means I have started something I'll never finish. Once you cut for the first time that's all it takes, it's almost as if you fertilized the grass. Again tho, the verbena is so pretty that I didn't want to not be able to see it from in the yard due to the weeds and grass.


At the end of each year I normally pull up ALL the verbena and let it start over, but I didn't get a chance this time....so I have some grass I'll be weeding out shortly. You can see in the above picture, towards the top left, the verbena seems to love my concrete porch more than the soil. It grows all on my porch, instead of towards the dirt. If I had known that, BEFORE I planted it, I would have just sat the 4 little plants on the porch and let them go!

This all got me to thinking...I can hear you now saying, "Oh Lord"....but I wonder, when people look at me, as a Christian, do they see the "weeds" first or do they see the beauty of Christ? Am I going towards the "concrete" where there is no nourishment or am I going towards the "soil" where I can get EVERYTHING that I need to continue to stay strong in Christ? Just like the grass, sometimes God has to trim us up so we can continue to grow stronger. Isn't it great that He loves us that much?! I pray each day I will gain my strength from the "soil"..God's word...so when I am faced with the "concrete" of life I'll have what I need to sustain me, and when He needs to "trim" me up, I will grow stronger in Him.

THANK YOU LORD for letting us see YOU in all our surroundings....if we just look.

I pray you will see Him today in all that you do! God bless.........

0 comments: