Washing clothes, picking up stuff, letting the dogs in one door and out the other....as if they can't get from one side of the house to the other WITHOUT coming in....just the regular routine of just about everyday. Today turned out to be a little more special than others. My mom, who works here in town, called me....she must have heard my gut growl....and invited me to lunch with her. I was thrilled! This was going to be a special treat for me...not only because she said she was treating me to lunch...but because our time together is far and few between. I picked her up at work and headed to the Deli in town to fill our belly's as well as the void I think we both have from not being able to spend time together. We enjoyed our meal & conversation inside and went outside to enjoy the breeze and sunshine. It was time well spent without interruption....except when the chimes from our Church went off to remind all us folks, who were taking a break from the day, to get back at it! We loaded up, I dropped her back off at work and headed home. What a blessing! GOD IS SO GOOD!!
After relaxing at home, I could see the picnic table from our bedroom door and began to think.....do yall get tired of hearing my thoughts?!....
how simple this looks....but how complex some of the conversations have been discussed here, how spiritual some have been, how loving and fun others were. The food that has been eaten here, the Popsicles on summer days....All the table's and chairs at that deli have stories to be told if only they could....wonder how many would be fun, loving, spiritual ones and how many would be sad, complex ones. The only way we will ever know the stories, is to be a part of it. I challenge you, along with myself, to fill these chairs and benches...invite those you know, don't know very well or even those you don't know but would like to know, to sit a spell, share lunch. Just as I felt special for my mom choosing me as a lunch partner, we can join in the ministry...lunch ministry....just picking up the phone, making that call will do wonders for the ministry for Christ.God provides the setting, food, vehicles, furniture, phones, e-mail and etc.....we shouldn't have excuses on this one!
"To the weak, I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."
1 Corinthians 9:22-23
GOD BLESS!

0 comments:
Post a Comment