THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Yesterday was another BEAUTIFUL day. I love this time of year when everything is blooming out, the new leaves are a bright green...everything seems to be waking up...and other things are being lazy....
I love to look out through the woods, while walking in my yard right now because with all the trees still basically bare...you can see the dogwood trees budding out and the one's that are in full bloom are gorgeous! They add such life to an otherwise dead looking forest right now (just like Christ does!). You can see them for a long ways because they are such a bright white you can't miss them.

I know you all have heard or read the Legend of the Dogwood poem and it's just that, a legend. It may not be so, but it is a reminder of Christ to us and every time I see a dogwood, my thoughts immediately go to the sacrifice Jesus was for me....because God loves us that much. Here is the poem in case you haven't read it or just like to read it.........

THE LEGEND OF THE DOGWOOD

When Christ was on earth, the dogwood grew,

to a towering size with lovely hue.

It's branches were strong and interwoven,


And for Christ's cross it's timbers were chosen.


Being distressed at the use of this wood,



Christ made a promise that still holds good,



Not ever again shall the dogwood grow,



To be large enough for such a tree, and so



Slender and twisted it shall always be,


With cross shaped blossoms for all to see.


The petals shall have bloodstains marked in brown,


And in the blossoms center, a thorny crown.

All who see it will think of ME,



Nailed to the cross of a dogwood tree.


Protected and cherished this shall be,


A reflection of all my agony.



Author Unknown



While walking around taking pictures of the dogwoods, I remembered about the pine trees too. This time of year....and it's always right before Easter, the new growth or whatever it is, on the very top of the pine trees look like little crosses! I had read about it before and just thought "yeah right", until I saw it for myself on our pine trees a couple years ago and now I watch for them. I had one that had 3 little crosses, one in the front and 2 on the side, it gave me chills. Speaking of this, I did take pictures, even tho not very good beings the pine trees are VERY tall......The 3 little crosses is in center and standing the tallest...you can barely see them....

As they grow the middle section of this "new growth" begins to straighten out which will form the cross.

So if you have pine trees, now is the time to start watching. Mine, in checking them out yesterday, have a few crosses on them. They are so neat to see with your own eyes.

Again, God is giving to us so many reminders of Who HE is and what He has done for us...if only we will slow down long enough to see them... "FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH, BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE."

John 3:16

Have a WONDERFUL day in Christ! God bless you.......

0 comments: