It's a good thing school is back in session.
I also enjoy the pool when it comes to grass cutting days. Get hot, shuck the shoes and jump in! After getting soaked and letting the muscles relax a little, back on the mower for a while longer.
Shortly the sand from under the pool began to be washed out as well....we had trouble!
I called on my back-up...Madge, to help me find where the leak was, the two of us had experience in this already. This time was different, we couldn't find it! We called for the upper management, Harold, to come help. I placed 3 large patches, where he THOUGHT the water was coming from, and nothing worked.....water continued to pour out.
but as I walk closer to it, I can see the emptiness it has on the inside.
and the sadness, disappointment comes back to me.
This is how we can be if you think about it. We are "so beautiful" in the Lord that we forget, or don't feel the need to study and grow. "Holes" develop and the goodness that comes from walking with Christ, begins to "leak" out, leaving us to appear "beautiful and inviting" on the outside, but our insides do not match ....we are empty, not inviting.
Lord, I pray that my desire to study YOUR word will continue to grow and I will follow through with that desire. I pray that others will see the beauty, the clean, fresh, cool water of YOU when they see me and when they walk closer to me, they will not be disappointed and saddened by my "insides". Help me to keep my "liner" strong and keep me aware of any "leaks" BEFORE they happen.
Just as what Jesus said to the Pharisees and religious leaders, goes for us also:
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness." Matthew 23: 27 & 28
May you have a GROWING day in Christ and allow Him to have a GROWTH spurt in you!
GOD BLESS......
1 comments:
Statewide Pools in Summit is waiting on your call!! :) You are always beautiful--inside and out.
Post a Comment