THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Sunday, August 26, 2007


RIDING......

This time home, Harold finally had or should I say FOUND some time to ride his motorcycle. I've been leery about riding with him...even tho he has ridden for years...but when my brother and I had a dirt bike I did the driving, I didn't ride with anyone. Well, the other day I finally gave the control over to Harold and let him ride me around on a couple of errands. Of course the anxiety began to creep up on me, but I quickly turned that negative to the positive. Being on blood thinner helps my mind go to the negative thinking rather than positive, especially when I do something like this!

Anyway, we rode around a short while then returned home. Harold and a good friend of ours were wanting to do a run, Harold on his bike, his friend in his new (almost antique) sports car following behind....that did not pan out. Harold and I decided our friends could follow us and we would eat somewhere, but all we did was play phone tag with them. Actually the "phone tag" was God saving us from what could have been disaster for the 2 of us. Harold and I were outside talking about our "maybe" plans and thinking if our friends called us back we would head out on an adventure. When I looked down, I happen to turn my head just right and there it was....a pretty good split in the front tire. We had never seen it before, so it either continued to hide under the front fender or split as we were riding earlier in the day.

Needless to say, it WAS God controlling our "phone tag" otherwise we might have just gotten on and left not ever knowing about the tire.

Harold called the Yamaha dealer, brought it to them where they found it was a defective tire and ordered another. A couple days later we went to Brookhaven & Harold was able to ride his bike home. Shortly after arriving home, Madge called to say she was finished at school and ready to leave. We knew Madge loved to ride so he picked her up on his bike and she was THRILLED! I waited on the porch to see her as they pulled in the drive. She wanted to ride everywhere possible. You can see Harold's new tire in the picture...still has the blue on it.

Once again, a lesson I was reminded of. If what YOU want to do doesn't work out, don't be quick to get upset or disappointed about it....it just may be God looking ahead for you. As badly as we wanted to ride that evening (both girls were gone) and as you read it never worked out, all along GOD WAS IN CONTROL! He ALWAYS knows what's best for us in advance. PRAISE THE LORD!!!

"I lift up my eyes to the hills---where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip---he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you--- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm---he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalms 121


THANK YOU LORD!!


I pray You will allow the Lord to take control and rest in the assurance You are safe with Him.

Have a WONDERFUL week in Christ!













0 comments: