WHAT A DAY....
My dad came and rode with Harold and I to the hospital for Harold's surgery. We arrived right on time, 7:45. They took us straight back, gave Harold his fashionable gown with matching hat, just like the girls : ) The nurse then comes back with his 2 Valium and pepcid to take...with one little med. cup ( 3 tsp.) of water. As he hands her the little cup back he says to the nurse, "one more cup of that and I'll have to run to the restroom." She just laughed. The drip is placed in his hand and he's moved to the holding cell. Dr. Austin came in and talked with us then Harold was wheeled into the operating room.
An hour later Dr. Austin came out. The thing under Harold's left eye was removed from the cheekbone and he had to grind the bone until he found healthy bone, where he placed some stuff to help the bone begin to grow again. Harold has about 4 stitches there. The place on the back of his head was removed and has about 3 stitches. Both of the things removed are the same but they haven't figured out what it is. Dr. Austin said when he removed a small one before, a few years back, he sent it to the Mayo institute and they said it was a "challenge" for them. They didn't know what it was. Dr. Austin said he will send it to another place to see what they come up with. Dr. Austin said what he thought it was, it isn't.
We know it's fine, nothing to worry about.
After a little bit they call my Dad and I to recovery where Harold was taken. The first reading from the blood pressure was 158/107...it continued to climb. After the 2nd reading he wanted something to drink, and as I placed the straw to his mouth I noticed his lips were dark blue. Before I do anything, the nurse comes in, starts asking questions and gets him to breathe deep....nothing changed. She then told him she wanted to elevated him a little more because his oxygen level was dropping. She did so and his lips turned back to pink and the oxygen level began to climb....but so did his blood pressure. On the 4th reading his pressure was 166/111. The nurse called the Anesthesiologist, who said it may be the anesthesia or something, but wasn't sure. Harold begins to tell me he wants to sit all the way up to get comfortable. I told him to let the nurse help him because I don't want to do anything due to the blood pressure. She elevates him to sitting up. About 5 min. later the blood pressure reading came and it was 146/80. Not sure what happened but we were sure glad to see it go down. 15min. later, we leave. We got home around 1.

After I get Harold home and in the bed, I decided to lie down too but it didn't work that way. The phone rang, to many business things that had to be attended to right away, so off I went. When I returned I took the phone and sat on the deck of the pool to return a phone call. As I am talking to a Friend, a bat...yes ANOTHER bat...falls into the pool and begins to struggle for its life right before my eyes! I tell my friend and wonder if I should try to save it. My Friend says I should, so I grab the pool net....stretched the pole out to "way long" length and dip it out.
I run for the camera, as he dries some in the sun, then I grab the pool net again, scoop him up, didn't want the ants to get him...as he flaps his wings and hiss's at me, all while lying on it's back not able to do anything. I hold it up to a branch where it is able to cling with one claw to the branch.
If you look closely at the pictures, you can see a drop of water dripping from its wing...
As he drip dries, I go inside for supper that was prepared by the special hands of Libby and shared with our family which helped me out a lot. After I ate, I go back to check on this wet bat. I do not see him on the branch so I look on the ground around where it had been...and might I add from a distance I looked. Then every leaf on the ground looked like him. All I could think of was, I've scooped him out the pool, saving his little life and he's gonna sneak up on me and bite the mess out of me....then I see it! It had dried out and moved down the branch and was sound to sleep.
It's a lot fluffier than it was earlier so I guess the drip dry process worked pretty good!
I pray it gets a good nights rest from his trauma and will be able to continue on to where he should be. I hope he doesn't feel he owes me anything for saving his life and decides to stick around!
As for Harold, he is doing good. He is sleeping as I write this and I do hope he sticks around!!!
THANK YOU LORD for another good day with You! Thank you for being with everyone that had a hand in Harold's care today. Thank You for all the little adventures I had today, even tho they were tiring, You gave me the strength to tend to everything that needed to be taken care of...for EVERYTHING I am grateful!
1 comments:
You did good, my friend. Saving that little bat's life was a test and you passed with flying colors. God does not make mistakes and had you where you could help the little fella. Praise the LORD for HIS love for little creatures as well as human beings. HE is so AWESOME. Get some rest and wait for HIM to call on you again. Love you. dlb
Post a Comment