WAITING.....AND WAITING......
This evening Harold was to arrive in Jackson at 6:17. He wasn't able to board in Houston, Tx. till then due to the weather. It is now 9:17 and I haven't heard from him. He said he would call as he and his ride was leaving Jackson...so we wait.
The girls, along with my "adopted" daughters Brandi & Rachel, decided to bake Harold his favorite cake for his return....I'm wondering what they REALLY want. Rachel did most of the mixing and baking, JoBea did the decorating. I don't know what JoBea did at first, but she burned some chocolate in the microwave, and boy did it smell!! I'm not sure what it was to be used for, but needless to say..it wasn't used! The cake is really cute.

As you notice, they put numbers on the cake...it's NOT his birthday...but he is 53 so they said they turned it backwards to make him feel better..again I have to wonder, "what do they really want?"
As they finished up, Brandi pulled out the bagel bites and cooked some in the microwave. I hear JoBea loudly say, while laughing, "Brandi, what happened?! What did you do?!" I turn toward the kitchen and it is full of smoke, the hallway, living room and whole house began to fill with smoke and I see Brandi standing with a plate of SMOLDERING bagel bites!! JoBea takes the plate, run's some water over it and can't stop laughing. 
This is what they SHOULD have looked like....
but this is Brandi's version...
I guess she was going for the "blackened bagel bites"...and she sure got it!
I just love the adventure of everyday with these girls...you never know what's next.
If anyone wants to know what to give these girls...cooking lessons would be high on the list!
Some memories will never be forgotten...this will be one of those that is "burned" in their minds : )
Harold has just walked in and the girls are happily telling him what all they burned...he probably wondered when he walked in and there was a heavy "fog" INSIDE instead of out, what was going on, plus, who can get past the SMELL!!! Oh well, at least now you can't smell the garbage I wasn't able to take out due to the rain today!
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Posted by Joddie at 9:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment