THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, May 28, 2007






After dropping Madge off for Cheerleader practice, I decided since our place was looking pretty bad with uncut grass and smut grass, that's what I would do...get that under control.

I LOVE to cut the grass because that's my time to be one with my thoughts and God. I mowed down the sides of the drive, getting the smut grass, then headed to the shop where I had not had the time to cut lately. As I ride along, enjoying the cool breeze God would send at the right time (AS ALWAYS), I noticed an elderly man driving, and as I watched, his brake lights came on and he turned slowly into the Cemetery.


In seeing his face through the open window of his truck, then seeing him turn into the cemetery, made me begin to cry. Boy was I cute...cutting grass with tears running down my face! I knew that this man had just lost his wife a few months back, so in seeing him I KNEW without a doubt, he had HER on his mind.

Was he thinking about all the times they talked? All the vacations together? Maybe all the Sunday's they went for a Sunday drive and had ice cream? Could it be the scent of her perfume...softness of her hands? Most likely while getting ready to go to her resting place, he was thinking of all those memories and more.


I began to wonder if I would be remembered so well. By my husband and children? By my friends? My Church Family?


In my shy/quietness, do they feel the love I have for them? Do they truly know how they have touched my life with theirs?


When they are in need, do I stand so close to them that they too can smell the perfume?


Have my arms been outstretched far enough for them to take my hands, to feel the softness?



Lord I pray for Mr. Costley today...every day. I pray that he allows YOU to fill the void in his heart. May the happy memories he has of his wife keep him upbeat, not saddened to pull him down. Help me to be aware of the needs of others, and when there is an awareness, I pray for the wisdom and knowledge of how YOU would want me to follow through.


THANK YOU for our elderly....they are true blessings.


THANK YOU for my Family & Friends...may I be the friend they need me to be here on earth.


THANK YOU for the BEAUTIFUL bird singing his PRAISES to You as I sat outside on the porch to rest!


THANK YOUR LORD, for who you are!

Find your blessings today and BE a blessing!




0 comments: