There's no better way to start off a week than spending it with the coolest group ever...THE JOLLY ELDERS!Yesterday we had our regular "meet and eat" meeting. It was held in Cancun, Mexico this month....actually it was held at one of the couples home but it was so beautiful we just decided to imagine we were on vacation. We met outside by the pool, which made for a very relaxed time. I wasn't feeling up to snuff but knew once I attended the meeting and got to hang out with these "youngsters" I would be feeling my oats in no time at all...and it worked. In trying to keep THEM in line I forgot all about my ailments.
SWIMMING!!!! haha, not really....
EATING!!! Now this part we have down pat. After we all filled our plates (several times) we sat around and enjoyed each others company.
As I sat in the gazebo (that's where I took this picture from) watching them, hearing their laughter, I couldn't help but wonder, what did I do all those years without this group? They make me feel as tho I'm special, needed/wanted. How could they possibly enjoy having someone my age around? Who knows, I'm just going to continue to hang out and enjoy my time with them until they tire of me.
"Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life." Proverbs 16:31
Another words, according to the study notes under this verse.....Gray hair is not a sign of disgrace to be covered over; it is a crown of splendor. As YOU deal with older people, treat them with RESPECT!
I pray God blesses you with "Jolly Elders" in your life!
0 comments:
Post a Comment