THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, May 25, 2007



Madge and I decided we would spend a lot of the day in the pool....of course there will be NO pictures of me in there!


First we ran to the elementary to pick up JoBea's friend, then stopped by the grocery. The first words out of Madge's mouth was, "OH MAMA, we have got to get one PLEEEASE!!!" When you hear this coming from Madge, you can bet your last nickle she is talking about a watermelon. The price is steep due to the holiday week-end and the time of year...but it was worth it to make this little girl feel special.


The first thing she did after getting home was get the ice chest and put the watermelon on ice!



JoBea was feeling down today, but after returning home I received a phone call from my friend, Tiffany. A friend of hers was in need of a babysitter at that moment and thought of JoBea...I was thrilled because I knew that would put a smile on her face! JoBea was excited, got ready in record time, we loaded up and off to take her to work. I guess Tiffany figured I would raise my girls to be good sitters just as I was a GREAT, TERRIFIC AND OUTSTANDING babysitter to her when she was just a chap. RIGHT TIFF?! : )


Now that I had everyone where they needed to be, Madge and I headed to the pool. After a while we ran inside, fixed taco's.....


and carried them out on the deck to eat. She loves eating outside, always has. Madge gobbled down the taco because she had something else on her mind....you guessed it.....her first watermelon of the year! Back in the house we came. She immediately cleared the table, grabbed my sharp knife (while I grabbed a bag to put it on, naturally I had just thrown the newspapers away!) She was excited!!

I asked if she was going to try cutting it and she decided she wouldn't....actually I was rather glad, beings by this time she was drooling uncontrollably. The cut was made to her delight. She was picking out the part, side and size before I could ask. She grabbed her pan with the exact piece she wanted and off to the deck we went again....



but this time it was to eat her prize for the day...the dessert she had waited on all winter....





she was in Heaven.


THANK YOU LORD for the blessings you sent to us today. The watermelon, the kids that needed watching...and for me the smiles on my girls faces. I give YOU all the praise and glory for yesterday, today and what YOU will do tomorrow!


May each of you enjoy your Holiday week-end and be safe.


GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS....

0 comments: