This is how JoBea dresses to go somewhere.....
and this is how Madge dresses to go....
Actually, this Madge on the night of "Relay for Life" in our County. One of the booths was doing hair...if that's what you can call it! They put it up, glued it up, sprayed it up and shined it up for you. Sounds like working on a pair of shoes : )They also would do your face....1/2 the face for one price, but who wants just half their face made up right?!
Madge had the WORKS!! After they got done with her and she was walking around, several people didn't realize who she was, until she walked up to me and said something to "mom".
Saturday night as I sat at the table, I noticed a notebook lying there. As I picked it up I saw it belonged to Madge. The one thing that stood out of the writing she had on it was.....I AM A SERVANT.
I could not believe my eyes. Being a Servant was what had been put on my mind and heart to be thinking about a few days before this. Later, when we were alone, I asked Madge what she meant by that. She said," I am a Servant for God. I love to help people that have trouble helping themselves." The very next day, after dropping the girls and my mother-in-law off for Sunday School, I turned on the TV as I cooked before Church.
The Pastor was speaking about being a Servant for Christ. At Church the morning's sermon mentioned being a Servant for Christ also. What more of a confirmation can one get about the path in which to think?!
I could not believe my eyes. Being a Servant was what had been put on my mind and heart to be thinking about a few days before this. Later, when we were alone, I asked Madge what she meant by that. She said," I am a Servant for God. I love to help people that have trouble helping themselves." The very next day, after dropping the girls and my mother-in-law off for Sunday School, I turned on the TV as I cooked before Church. The Pastor was speaking about being a Servant for Christ. At Church the morning's sermon mentioned being a Servant for Christ also. What more of a confirmation can one get about the path in which to think?!
Just like Madge being unrecognizable, I pray she continues to have the desire to serve Christ and her humanness is not seen but Christ is in full view to others through what she does. I pray that for each of us going down this same path.
"If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone SERVES, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in ALL things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen"
1 Peter 4:11
Can I make as bold a statement as she did with I AM A SERVANT?
Can I make as bold a statement as she did with I AM A SERVANT?
Have a WONDERFUL day in Christ and may you allow HIM to have a WONDERFUL day in you!

0 comments:
Post a Comment