HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Today, as well as ALL days, I pray that we can be the Mother's GOD wants/NEEDS us to be. Whether you actually have children or not, in my book we are ALL called to be Mothers in this day and age. We have to look after each others children as well as each other. Be concerned about each others Spiritual well being.
I like what Luke 11:27 & 28 states:
As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you." He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."
As my study NIV Bible puts it.....The patient work of consistent obedience is even more important than the honor of bearing a respected son.
A person's obedience to God is MORE important than his place on the family tree.
This verse keeps me humble. I may be special to my children (maybe!) and I may feel special that I was given the honor of being a Mother, but then again what is being a Mother if I, myself, don't obey God?
THANK YOU LORD for the honor of being a Mother of two precious girls, but I also ask that you lead, guide and direct me in the path I need to go on a daily basis so that they can see the importance of living for you, even if they don't see it right now, not living for their mom or dad. You are the Father I want them to follow. Be with all my friends and anyone that may read this, Lord bless them with your word and keep them strong as we work together as "Mothers" to everyone. We always want what's best for our children, but we also need to want what's best for ALL YOUR children. THANK YOU for all the women (children or no children) in which they celebrate today. AMEN!
GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU ON THIS MOTHER'S DAY AND ALL DAYS!

1 comments:
Good :)
Post a Comment