THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, January 29, 2007

BINGO/VALENTINES PARTY!
Saturday was our Church's regular bingo time at the Nursing Home. Beings our time would fall after Valentines next month we decided to go ahead and include it in this month. From the time I woke up it was raining and it was very cold. My first, second and third thought was....do I really want to get out in this and risk getting wet and possibly sick later?

Then I begin to think of all the many faces that I get to see when I get there.......
some have gone on to be with our Heavenly Father, but they are still etched in my heart and that is where they will forever be because each of them has given to me a part of them that makes me stronger in Christ. It didn't take but a short minute to know that I was going regardless of the weather. I loaded up the bingo prizes (calendars) , valentine cards along with each of them a balloon for the occasion, chips and the heart shaped sandwiches I had made. Then on to pick up a friends cake, red plates, cups and drinks. Upon arrival to the Nursing Home it was really coming down and I looked at all the bags I needed to get in and I sat....through the front window I could see the residents finding their spot at their table's and I knew it was so warm and inviting in there so I grab as many things possible at one time, jumped out the car and in I run. As I speak, hug and balance all these things in my hands, I have 2 more runs to the car through the rain. Each time got easier because the Residents smiles were growing bigger and bigger with each trip I made. Due to the weather, my help was slim...3 paddled in to help...but we got things done. Bingo was a success as always. Several folks from several tables won. We had 23 residents play and there was 9 bingo's won! The refreshments were done up and passed out, the valentine happy's were given to each one then we were able to chit chat.

It continued to rain like cats and dogs outside but inside these walls there was more SON shining than anywhere else I can think of! There's no way to describe the closeness you feel to Christ when you are giving yourself to these wonderful children of God....if you are down, they lift you up, when you are on your pedestal, they humble you, when you are being ok and on level ground, they still love you. Unconditional love (sound familiar?). As we began to pack up, I was helping a few of them out of the dining hall. One sweet little lady dropped her balloon twice in which I picked it up. What she did with it next just made me laugh out loud!! I told her I had to grab my camera and she was thrilled with the photo op and so was I. She did a little dance as if she had placed a rose in her mouth...it was too cute.


How selfish of me it was to even have to stop and think of what I was going to do just because it was raining outside! Does God wait until He feels good to bless me? Does He only bring me love on pretty days? Does He even have to stop and think if He wants to send someone my way when I'm confined due to illness or whatever? Does He bring us rain to make us stay in our homes? His work still needs to be done regardless. The rain He sends is to refresh the earth, and Saturday the rain not only refreshed the earth, but it also refreshed me from the outside...in.

THANK YOU LORD for keeping me focused on what was important for me to do for You!

0 comments: