
As you can see, they had conquered the mountain and felt stronger than when they started out. Madge is in green and JoBea in black sweater. With all those muscles maybe they should think about being professional wrestlers! Ha
As they walked along the trails and hills, there was inspiration all around.
I'm not sure where, on the camp grounds this was taken. Other areas had beautiful landscape, tree's, water, leaves....when I saw the picture below my heart cried out, "MOVE AWAY FROM THE EDGE!!" But what would that do NOW? They are home safe...God took care of them. THANK YOU LORD!!!!
In their hiking they came upon another cross. As JoBea went to take a picture of it a guy walked behind it. She started not to take the picture but when he stretched out his arms, she saw an amazing shot...as do I. I love this picture and so glad she saw the beauty in it.
Somewhere along the line JoBea and Madge had a couple pictures made together....and it thrilled this mom's heart to know that even when they went away in 2 separate groups, they spent time together. PRAISE GOD!

And they actually look happy, now that IS a blessing! The next picture they are beside a cross. One of the first things I noticed was people had written on this cross that is made of stone. When I shared with the girls I couldn't believe someone would do such a thing, they were looking at me funny....seems they couldn't see any writings on it until I showed them

They had lots of fun doing all sorts of silly things. Each day they also had a few hours of being serious and had speakers and different seminars to sign up for their interest. Each one was Spiritually based. This guy below is one of the points of interest....his name is Bay Forrest...ex-NBA center for the Phoenix Suns and nationally known itinerant evangelist. He was the "Tall guy".
Madge found him fascinating. From the time she got home she talked about this guy and was telling me everything he had talked to them about. There wasn't much she forgot from her seminars....she talked of all she attended. Madge bought me a book while at camp titled, "Meet me at the burning bush". It wasn't until later she found out that the wife of Bay Forrest, Peggy, wrote it! She told me she wanted to get it autographed for me, but didn't have the time to do so. As their time ran down and it was time to get back on the road, there was some saddness but much readiness to get in their own beds and eat some good food...needless to say get a long hot shower!

So it was "all aboard" and back on the road for a long haul back....but as you can see, their smiles are even bigger having spent some quiet time with God. The fun continued as they traveled and stopped for lunch down the road. JoJo had gotten a happy meal and for some odd, teenage girl reason, JoBea put the box on Rachel's head (didn't fit) then she put it on her own....which you can see it didn't fit her too well either!

As you can see, JoJo isn't impressed by all this.....until JoBea turns on him, pulls it over his head, then realizes there are "eye holes" for him! He then turned into an instant super hero! Not sure if he is "McDonald man" or what, but to me he looks like "happy man".
It is nice to see the very young be able to have fun and play around with the teenagers and enjoy themselves....good, postive fun. Memories were truly made on this trip and I hear some are already talking about next year! What a WONDERFUL GOD WE SERVE! THANK YOU LORD for keeping your/our children safe....THANK YOU for touching their hearts that some of them will be baptized in the coming months....I pray their lives will be changed forever, and even tho they may never mention it again, I pray they will continue to talk to You, see You and feel You in all that they do........THANK YOU FOR LOVING US and sharing with us our children....

0 comments:
Post a Comment