

The first thing to go when you turn 15 is your teeth...or at least that's what I'm guessing after seeing these pictures! The crawfish boil has come and gone, PRAISE THE GOOD LORD! A teenage girl will drive you nuts wanting everything to be perfect...in an imperfect world..haha, good luck...they have a lot to learn still. My very good friends Buddy and Debra came to join in all this teenage fun...I didn't want to enjoy it all by myself....Tyler had come after school, prepared the crawfish and etc. and boiled them just right....or at least that's what everyone said, I had frozen pizza...but I can say the corn that came from the boil was great! He did a very good job from start to finish. JoBea looks like the supervisor here, but she was awaiting her next assignment. Brandi (by red ice chest) and JoBea were trying to hurry things up so they could go get ready for the party. This I didn't understand...dress up to stand outside in the cold damp weather to eat crawfish and sit by the fire? Oh well, I guess you could say I dressed up too...jeans (not dirty), pink t-shirt (only a couple years old), no make-up but I did wash my hair!!!
Here are most of the drama queens...I mean teenage girls...some were inside getting coats on. They thought they would be able to get by without them, but it didn't take long after the sun went down for their bodies to tell them they weren't thinking to brightly.
Don't the crawfish look good! There was another table with tea, mountain dew, chips and cookies. They went through 5 gal. tea, 2 2liters of drink and came in and found MY PIZZA! I'm glad I had gotten my 2 slices before they came waltzing in the kitchen. Buddy, the chaperone for the male teenagers...there were only 5....and chief fire keeper did a wonderful job in all areas.
For one, look at this beautiful fire! The warmth of it was just right. As you can see, there's just something about sitting and looking into it. The guys mostly hung out there with Buddy. They enjoyed his being here. THANKS AGAIN BUDDY! You kept many a bodies warm!
This is 15 of the 16 we had. 9 of the girls spent the night here. They had come inside to do the birthday cake. They were eating their way through the place....actually the girls didn't eat much and I told them, "As soon as the guys leave yall are going to tank up on everything in sight!" 
The candles were lit.....Happy birthday was sung.............candles were blown out....
then the cake was cut....... 
mutilated and devoured in a matter of minutes! This was a picture just before the whole thing disappeared into thin air. Funny thing how that happens when kids are around. And as I had told them earlier, when the guys left the house, the girls ran to get a bag of crawfish tails and when they were done, they had eaten 2 bags. I locked up, told them all goodnight and was in the bed at 11. After getting up this morning, I quietly walked through the house and it looked as if there had been a massacre.....there were bodies lying all over the place....some in the living room, some in JoBea's room and some in Madge's room! After a while the girls came back to life, but not as anxious to dress up as they were yesterday.....most of them left in their pj's! JoBea fixed them all french toast as I made up sandwiches for the nursing home bingo then they began to leave one by one.
God blessed me with a well behaved group of young people, and 2 great friends to come and help make it all come together. He also gave me the opportunity to share chrysalis with the girls and all 9 are wanting to go this summer. I pray that if it be His will, each of them will be able to go so they too can get to know the Lord Jesus Christ in a more personal way.
God bless you all...............
0 comments:
Post a Comment