
I caught this guy in action....trying to get in my car...but isn't he a cutie!
He succeeds in getting the door open so I patiently watch for his next move.....
He steps back just before leaping into my car......I guess that should have been a sign the cold weather was coming.....
In keeping my eye on one guy, his friend was sneaking in on the other side! He and his penguin friend are snuggly warm in the car now. I bet you've never had this happen at your house before!
I know, we don't have penguins here and it's not even a cold winter yet....but the story line, I couldn't resist....now you know exactly how strange I can be....yes, I also know, DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB!
JoBea had mentioned to me, on the way home from Brookhaven the other day, she had seen penguin seat covers. I was excited! Yesterday when we had to make a run to McComb I found them! I put 2 in my buggy only to run into JoBea and her friend Brandi. They immediately began to tell me I don't need but one and on and on they went with their explaining (making excuses as I later learn), so Brandi takes one of them and puts it back. After arriving home JoBea says, "HAPPY NEW YEAR MAMA. Because you never get yourself anything, I wanted to get it for you!" and hands me the other seat cover. She had purchased it in Brookhaven just before I found them ....that's why "you don't need but one mama!" was so urgent. Wasn't that just the sweetest thing?! We hugged and ran outside to put the penguins in their rightful place...my car. I was so full of joy from the way this all happened and the fact that my teenage daughter was thinking about me....the fun continued on, in which you got to suffer through my horrible story above! All that mattered was the fun my daughters, their friend Brandi and I, shared together even if it was for only 30 min....I'LL TAKE IT!!
People mistake me for a serious, even mysterious person....but I'm a far cry from it. I can be serious when need be, but to be honest, I love childish things...playing in the rain, mud, coloring, DANCING, singing in a spoon (whatever may be handy), doing gingerbread houses, playing dress up, skating (but I don't do this anymore because I realize I'm at the age I could break a hip!). Maybe with others seeing my penguin friends, they will see my fun side. So with the love of God and the love of a daughter .....the fun in my life will continue on. I pray for fun days ahead for you! Have a PLAYFUL day in Christ!
0 comments:
Post a Comment