HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOBEA!!!
JANUARY 22, 1992...Joddie Beatrice "JoBea" made her way into this world. The picture above was taken as we came back into the room from delivery...JoBea was about 10 min. old here. Doesn't her dad look proud?! You can't see me..THANK GOD..for others getting a gander at her. As you can tell she was very alert and checking us all out...most likely thinking "what a bunch of nuts this is!"
Below is a picture of her at 6 weeks old. There are so many "first" things that you go through, but nothing more special than the day they are dedicated to the Lord....this is on a Sunday, just before leaving for her Christening.
I was told I would never have children but God blessed me regardless of what the Dr.'s here said. The Lord was just waiting on that perfect time when He knew I would be at a point in my life to enjoy her and bring her up as He wanted me to. It was the most wonderful day of my life to know that God had known the deepest desire of my heart and that was to be a Mother. Celebrating her 1st birthday was so much fun. I never dreamed I would be doing this.
She has always been the more serious of our 2 girls but here she was having one of her silly moments. I guess she was loving her first birthday party too!
She is now 15.....I can't believe it! I have loved every minute of these 15 years too! There have been a few rough times, nothing major, just kid stuff....you have to go through their growing process too! We just thought we had our own to go through, but when you have a family, you get the pleasure of going through EVERYBODY'S growth periods along with them. Lots more hair and a few more teeth later....she is our beautiful teenage daughter. This picture was taken Saturday night when a few of us went to the hitch'in post. We all sang to her as a friend of hers brought out a piece of strawberry shortcake. 
Lord THANK YOU for blessing me with both my girls. Thank you for protecting JoBea the 15 yrs. she has been on loan to us. Her dad and I are so grateful to You for allowing us the opportunity to nurture her, to watch her grow and to see ourselves grow and learn through her. THANK YOU for entrusting to us your child. I pray You will give us the strength to lead her and direct her in the way YOU would have her to go so that Your plan for her in life will be fulfilled.
WE LOVE YOU JOBEA!!! But most importantly...your Heavenly Father LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment