I love this picture of Harold and myself. Now you know what the crazy person on this side of the screen looks like....but don't hold it against me!
Today Harold's work e-mailed that he needs to go to a certain school to update a certification before going overseas, so that means he may be leaving any time from tomorrow through the 19. Now I'll explain our situation.
Harold owned a NAPA auto parts store, but when they were trying to get rid of the little stores we just closed. He was over qualified for jobs he put in for...so went to work for wal-mart distribution until he could find something else....during which time we prayed consistently for the job the Lord wanted him to have to come along. It did, just as we were talking to realtors about selling our home. We didn't want to sell but knew we would still be happy regardless because it didn't matter WHAT we had materialistic wise, it was that we had our girls and the love of our God.
Harold began toying with the idea of going back to work offshore. I had never been an oilfield wife and was scared about being alone so I never gave him the ok, but one morning I woke up and the first thing out of my mouth was, "Harold, if you want to go back offshore that will be fine. A peace came over me. He smiled and said, "I too have a strong urge to go again." He contemplated which company to apply with and I told him, "why not the one you worked for and was laid off during the '80's?" He turned around, made the call to them and they hired him immediately over the phone to start work the first of January (2001) in West Africa. When he got off the phone and told me I was thrilled for him....you could see how happy he really was. We both knew the Lord had planned this and in His time nudged us and allowed it to happen. We called the realtor and told him we know longer wanted to sell. He worked in Africa for 3 yrs., was called to work in the Houston office (1 yr.) to oversee new computer projects going out to all the rigs, then back to West Africa for another year. During this time I became very ill. He was transferred to the Gulf of Mexico to be closer home. Now that I've gotten in with good Dr.'s, he is being transferred again overseas. This time they will be sending him to Baku, Azerbaijan. He will be working in the Caspian Sea as Chief Engineer of a rig. You can see exactly where that is by opening your Bible to the maps and find Caspian sea. It's the land that looks like a hook sticking out in the Sea.
The girls and I have lots of support and love from our Church Family. I know that the Lord sent us back to MUMC because as we all know, He knew what was coming for us, for me (my illness) and led us to the Family that would most support me through it and they continue to. If I needed ANYTHING while Harold is gone, I know they are just a phone call away. I myself have grown in God's love and have become spiritually stronger by not depending on Harold so much, but putting my dependency where it was suppose to be in the first place..in the LORD! PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!
I ask that you continue to pray for us, for Harold's travels, my health and the girls understanding and patience of dealing with a father that works away and a mother whose health isn't what it use to be.......THANK YOU in advance.
To you I ask if you have special prayer request, please leave them on my comment so that I too can go to the Lord on YOUR behalf.
Have a WONDERFUL day in Christ!
0 comments:
Post a Comment