THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006



WHAT A DAY! WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!!
This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.....
Today was an awesome adventure for me. Most mornings, in prayer, I ask the Lord to challenge me....to keep me stirred....and stir He does! A couple weeks ago Lifeboat Ministry called me to see if I would be one of the speakers at the Alternative class November 14...without any thought I said "yes". After giving my answer is when my thoughts and mind went wild...a little late I think. Normally I would have been stressed beyond belief from the end of that phone call up until the time, but was at peace by that night. I slept well last night KNOWING that GOD WAS in charge. Beings I was the only female speaker, I was asked to speak first....this was my first time ever to speak to this class....the others had done it before, but still my nerves where intact. As the words came I spoke...before I knew it, it was said and done, 20min. were up (the allotted time for each speaker). With each speaker the sharing and witness to these children was more uplifting than the first. The end was of sharing God's love for them and how Jesus died on their behalf so that they may live....and the importance of accepting Jesus Christ as their personal savior. Today may not be the day they do.....it may take 2, 20, 200 or more times, but we pray the light will finally come on and they begin to walk on the right track.
From there I had a few minutes....very few....to run back home to grab some tea and out the door to Church where the Jolly Elders were meeting to begin practice for our Christmas program. I couldn't help but think....I had just come from a place where the kids were wanting to act like "adults" and now I was heading to a place where adults were wanting to act like "kids"! Very ironic to me : ) As always, we had a great meeting and the play is going to WONDERFUL! It's a book I read and LOVED. It's funny and very "grandmotherly". They are all excited and can't wait to see how the costumes work out. Following our meeting we had a Grand meal by one of our members....taco soup, cornbread, crackers, potato salad, pie, cake, tea, coffee.....she's spoils us rotten! As if we needed to be anymore than what we are now! I LOVE this group...the fun, food and fellowship in Christ that comes from each time together is a treasured part of my life.
I thank God for the opportunity to be with each of these groups. Being a vessel for Christ is very challenging for me, but there is nothing I would not do for Him! With each step I take with Him, the stronger I become spiritually. I'm going to hang on tight for the next ride He sets me on, but as with any adventure,....I can rest assure the Lord is standing with me, holding me up if need be. Lord, I give you ALL THE PRAISE AND THE GLORY for the things you have done today, yesterday and tomorrow!
May you be a blessing and may you find your blessings in today.....<(((><

0 comments: