THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, November 24, 2006


THANKSGIVING DAY 2006
Well, another Thanksgiving has come and gone. It still doesn't feel that way to me. As every year, we gather at my mom's for the day. The above picture is of my mom and one of my cousins as they are beginning to bring the food from the kitchen to the dining room. The large table held all the food and another large table held the desserts. Plenty of food was eaten, if by no one else, by me! I left the desserts to everyone else beings I'm not a dessert person....I eat very little sweets. Never really had a taste for them.

Another shot of some of the cousins I have, but most I never see or get to see very often. This was taken last evening after the supper rush and everyone was getting tired and began telling stories about each other....got pretty ugly sometimes : ) We always seem to sit around talking about our family.....the Scroggs, because we know little about them and have meet even fewer of them. I told them of meeting a lady in the Nursing Home here in which I had never really talked to that much and didn't know her name. Last time we played Bingo at the nursing home she won a game so I asked her what her name was so I could remember to get a "prize" to her afterwards. To my surprise her last name was Scroggs! My family got all excited. We do not hear that name very often.

As the grown up's sat around talking about family, looking over sale papers and still eating...the kids went outside having themselves a good time too! The little ones enjoy their time with Madge. She LOVES children and they love her. It looks, in the above picture, as if they are looking for Easter eggs but they found my dad's trees that had dropped the BIG acorns. Here's one of them with a shirt almost full. Not sure what he did with them all....most likely his parents found them in their car later!

That kept them occupied for a long time. They checked out EVERY acorn they picked up. They saw something different about every one. Bikes and wagons were among the fun things of the day.

Later we moved down into the den where my mom puts up the tree on Thanksgiving for the little one's to decorate. As they began one of my older cousins yells out, "Wait..Stop!...Elvis isn't in the house! Yall can't decorate yet!" My mom has ALWAYS turned her Elvis Christmas music on BEFORE we could start...and that continues on...except she had to be reminded this year...but Elvis did find his way in the house and the fun began.


My mom decorates her tree with the old santa's. She sits and hands the little ones...the 2 you see here with Madge.....an ornament and they hang them wherever they want. Blaire had Madge lift her up, naturally,to the highest branches they could possibly get to. Madge obliged, but it was a struggle beings she isn't much bigger herself! These 2 little cousins of mine look forward to this tradition now, like we always looked forward to it. Each year they also bring my mom another new ornament for her tree...old santa of course.

As the night settled in, we all began to dwindle away...some we will not see till next year. As I left I thought of the traditions we had/have and my mom is passing down to the next generation, my heart desires that for all families...to come together as families once did and begin their own in some way.....sharing in the important things in life...time together and memories for all.

I hope each of you found your blessings and were thankful for all the things God has given you.....we don't deserve any of it....but He loves us so much He desires us to have them. I pray that with each day forward we will take the time to Thank God for ALL the many blessings He bestowes upon us.

Special blessings to you today.....God bless!

0 comments: