
This group of "youngin's" is another love of my life. This is a picture of the active Senior Adults in our Church (me in the green, fro wig)....whom I was nominated to work with a few years ago, and continue to do so. I thought long and hard for a name of the group and came up with THE JOLLY ELDERS...something they would have to live up to and they have long surpassed it. The picture,above, is of an Irish theme for St. Paddy's day. We had the typical Irish lunch and sang Irish songs. Later in the week we rode in our towns St. Patricks Day parade.
This Saturday is our Church Bazaar. The Jolly elders have been making items to sell....in which the money goes towards the new Steeple. We have about 6 "sewing jars", 21 lamps...made from gords, mason jars and etc. Every Tuesday for 2 mths. we met, worked and ate lunch together. They were so funny.....to start with they were dreading the getting together every week and etc. When the end of Sept. came I told them we would not meet again until the Tues. before the Bazaar to tie up lose ends....Well, guess what? Yeap, they wanted to continue meeting every week..I was thrilled! That meant they were truly enjoying the fellowship. We will begin working on our Christmas program. Yes, the Jolly Elders started last year doing a Christmas program for the young adults...kids are taken care of downstairs by the youth. Last years was hilarious! We had the fellowship hall decorated like an old home and we sat around in our PJ's sharing childhood Christmas stories (I did not) read the Christmas story and ended with one of our members playing the piano and gathering everyone around for Christmas Carol's. The group also provided a huge table of food for the young adults.( The Christmas program pictures aren't downloading on here so I'll try to add those tomorrow) It's going to be hard to beat our program last year, but we are up for the challenge!
I was shocked the year I was first approached with being nominated to work with the Senior Adults. I was told someone had said they felt I would be good for/with them. The first thing I said was, "I'll think about it and get back with you." but immediately God told me to say yes NOW! I've gotten to the point I don't question when He speaks so I turned right back around and told them I did not need to think about it, I would take on that ministry. It has been uphill ever since. GOD IS SOOO GOOD! Senior adults have always been the love of my life. My greatest love, besides God, was my Great Grandmother, whom I was named after, Joddie Scroggs. She use to take me to Church when we still lived in Denham Springs. After getting off the bus at her house from kindergarten I helped her babysit the children she had while their parents worked. She and I ALWAYS had a special bond....I loved her and she loved me. I've never meet a person that didn't love her. She was a very outspoken, tell it like it is person, but people liked that about her...you knew you would get the truth whether you wanted it or not. So for the great love of my great grandmother comes a great love for the Jolly Elders. They say I have blessed them in so many ways, but they just don't realize how much of a blessing they are to me....they fill the void I have had for so many years in the passing of Maw Maw Scroggs. Another lesson learned throughout all this.....Listen when God speaks...do as He says. Don't miss an opportunity to be blessed or to bless others.
I would LOVE to hear how God has blessed/continues to bless you...please comment me. If you aren't sure of God, His love and the blessings He has in store for you I ask that you comment me as well.
Until we speak again...God loves you.....and so do I.
PS...The picture from my blog yesterday of the 3 kids together dressed for Halloween has been added to yesterdays if you would like to check them out.
0 comments:
Post a Comment